Elizabeth Cecilia Peña Jáuregui
Elizabeth Peña Jáuregui heads the Investment Promotion and Development Unit of PROMTEL, in November 2016 she was appointed Secretary of the Board of Directors of this Organization.
She has more than 14 years of experience in the telecommunications and broadcasting sectors, graduated from the Law Degree at the Universidad del Valle de México, and is currently pursuing a Master’s Degree in Applied Public Management at the Tecnológico de Monterrey. Elizabeth Peña Jáuregui also has Executive Certifications from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Strategy and Innovation and Administration and Leadership. In addition, she has also completed several courses in Networks, Radio Spectrum, Telecommunications and Broadcasting Services, Transparency and Access to Public Information and Project Management, for the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Elizabeth Peña Jáuregui has participated in multiple international events representing Mexico, including the ITU Council, Plenipotentiary Conferences of the ITU (2010 and 2014), the World Radiocommunication Conference (WRC-12 and WRC-15), the World Telecommunication Conference (WCIT-12), the Preparatory Meeting for the Radiocommunication Conference (RPC 2015), the Mobile World Congress, the GSMA Ministerial Program and the Expert Group of the International Telecommunications Rebate. She also worked as a Rapporteur in the Radio and Television Sector Working Table for the National Development Plan 2013-2018.
• General Director of the Commissioner Office of the in the Federal Institute of Telecommunications.
• Director of Radio at the Federal Telecommunications Commission, Cofetel.
• Deputy Director of Regulatory Development Planning, Cofetel
• Promotion of Human Rights, National Institute of Migration.
• Lawyer Jr, Contracts Management, Condumex Services (Grupo Carso)
• Regulatory Lawyer, AT & T / Alestra
• Responsible for the Telecommunications and Broadcasting Area, Despacho Cuevas y Puente, S.C.
• Lawyer in Telecommunications, CANITEC