Blanca Noemi Coto Estrada
General Superintendent of Electricity and Telecommunications. El Salvador
Mrs. Coto Estrada assumed the position as General Superintendent of Electricity and Telecommunications as of the 1st June 2014. (First woman in charge of the entity)
Higher Education Graduate in Industrial Engineering: Thesis: “Quality Management System” Master in Risk Prevention. Specialized studies in Economy, Gender and Social Development Projects. Different courses, updates related to the professional trade.
- Presidential Commissioner for the Republic of El Salvador, before the Regional Commission of Electric Interconnection, CRIE.
- UIT, CEPAL, REGULATEL, COMTELCA, OLADE authorized speaker.
- Representative assigned for the Republic of El Salvador, before the Technical Regional Telecommunications Commission.
- Recognition as Engineer of the Year at the Ibero-American Encounter of Women Engineers, Architects and Surveyors (EIMIAA) Ecuador.
- Member of the Commissioners Board of the Regional Commission of Electric Interconnection, CRIE; Commissioner President, 2014-2015.
- Former Member of the Board of Directors of the American Association of Young Political Leaders ACYPL.
- Former Member of the Board of Directors of the Salvadoran Association of Mechanical, Electrical and Industrial Engineers, ASIMEI – 2004 – 2005.
- Former Member of the National Council and the Political Commission, FMLN. 1999-2001.
- Former Congresswoman, Legislative Assembly, Substitute. 2000 – 2006.
- Former Congresswoman for the Province of San Salvador. 2006 – 2009.
- Former Congresswoman for the Province of San Salvador. 2009 – 2012.
- Former Member of the National Council of the FMLN. 2010 – 2012.
- Former Congresswoman for the Province of San Salvador. 2012 – 2015.
- Former Secretary of the Economy Commission, Legislative Assembly. 2012-2015.
- Former Representative of El Salvador for the Central America and the Caribbean Inter-Parliamentary Commission of Public Utilities (CICASEP) of the Forum of Presidents of Legislative Powers of Central America and the Caribbean Basin (FOPREL) as part of the Legislative Assembly of El Salvador during the exercise of her functions as Congresswoman.
- Former Representative for El Salvador before the Euro-Latin American Assembly, EUROLAT, Former member of the Commission of Economic Affairs during the exercise of her functions as Congresswoman.
- Former member of the Work Team of the Parliamentary Group Head, FMLN. 2000 – 2006.